This weekend marked the unofficial beginning of summer and with warmer temperatures and longer days, mother nature is signaling the beginning of our busy season in the Outer Banks. As the temperatures and tourist volumes increase, so does the real estate market. Historically delivering the highest closed home sales transactions, the summer season is also the busy season for OBX real estate.
If you are thinking about buying or selling in the Outer Banks during this season, here are some things to consider:
- Create Summer curb appeal with summer seasonal flowers and bright décor items to showcase the exterior of your home.
- Lighten up your home’s interior by changing heavy drapes to lighter linen or cotton versions and replacing dark throw pillows with lighter & brighter options. Think about replacing area rugs and kitchen and bathroom hand towels to create a new fresh look simply.
- Show of your outdoor areas by creating outdoor living spaces in patios on porches. Beach buyers know that life is lived outside here and making sure your exterior spaces feel inviting & comfortable will welcome buyers to your home.
- Be ready to buy when you find your dream home. Be prepared with loan pre-approval, review your credit score, start saving for your down payment funds and select aa realtor who can guide you through the process smoothly and deliver your dream home. At Outer Banks Realty Solutions, we can help you understand all the steps in the process and make sure your home buying experience is a great and successful one.
- Take advantage of the season to see what the neighborhood is really like… the summer season offers a great opportunity to see neighborhoods at their full activity level with families and friends spending more time outside.
- Be patient, with lots of occupied rentals in the OBX, scheduling showings may be more complicated in the summer months. With a little patience & flexibility, you can and will find that dream home you are looking for.
Summer is a season filled with activities across the Outer Banks and a great season to start your next chapter with a new beach home investment or second home. Call our team at Outer Banks Realty Solutions today at 252.261.9003 or visit our website to start your home search or sales process.
Aaron Snider is a broker with Outer Banks Realty Solutions. Contact Aaron today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your next steps in living your OBX dream. Follow Aaron on social media on Facebook at CarolinaGirlOBX and OuterBanksPropertiesOnline.